On February 6th, the Ramsay society, in conjunction with the IChemE London and South East branch, will be hosting its annual live debate and academic seminar!
The event will focus on aspects nuclear power including public perception, policy, waste management the future of nuclear power as well as the environmental aspects of nuclear technology. There will be a brief introduction, followed by comments from each of the panellists leading to a panel discussion. Currently panellists include:
- Professor Wade Allison – Emeritus Professor of Physics at Oxford University and author of ‘Radiation and Reason: the impact of science on a culture of fear.
- Sean Moules – Experienced senior programme manager specialising in major complex programmes and business transformation for the nuclear decommissioning authority
- Professor Steve Thomas – Professor at the University of Greenwich Business School – working in the area of energy policy. Specialises in the economics and policy of nuclear power.
- Paul Haigh – Energy consultant on radioactive waste management and decommissioning environmental impact. Also the founder Chairman of IChemE nuclear technologies subject group.
- Tom Burke – Chairman and Founding Director of E3G and a member of the external reviews committee at Shell and sustainable sourcing advisory board at Unilever.
The plan for the evening is as follows:
17:30 - Reception in the Roberts Foyer with FREE wine and food
18:00 - Debate to begin in Roberts 106